Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:27:39 GMT+0200
Hi All

I saw this post and thought I should reply a bit about it.

At present in the medical field there seems to be little interest or
understanding of certain problems that can be treated chemically.

For instance if a person is allergic to wheat or sugar protein it is
likely to cause them to become depressed and unhealthy. Recent work
in many countries suggests that a large number of people have these
allergies. To treat them one simply avoids the problem foods. This is
cheap and gives no revenue. It is easier for the person and the
doctor(financially) to prescribe an anti-depressant and cortisone. Or
maybe just penicillen to stop recurring gut ulcers etc. (I am not
criticising doctors here -  most are very good people- but rather the
outlook of an establishment that sees adding chemicals as the way of
fixing things. ie we treat symtoms not the problem.)

In the case of sugar sensitivity many people develop immunoglobin A
are not cows and are not supposed to eat sugar cane. We can deal with
sugar yes.

The marketing industry has very few regulations, even in the US with
sue happy lawyers, to regulate what one puts in a product. An example
is what is called dusting on chocolates. The ingredient label on a
chocolate does not have to specify what the dusting used to stop the
chocolate stick to the wrapper is. If the person is gluten sensitive
they can have a perfectly normal reaction to this, increasing their
chances of developing cancers, altzheimers, diabeties etc.

So on the commercial honey packers front - these may be honest
companies, but there is nothing to say that the people selling honey
to them are honest. The honey may be sugar-honey from feed. It may be
diluted/cut honey. Antibodies are among the most sensitive chemical
sensors around. You can have a response to a microgram of sugar in a
litre of honey.

SO my advice: given how dishonest humanity is, if you show any signs
of sensitivity to honey - produce your own.

Keep well

Garth

> Richard H. Glassford I wrote:
> >
> > I have been unable toeat any commercial type of honey or sugar due to a type
> > of ulcer operation I had years ago. I start to tremble, feel very weak and
> > light headed, and very tired. Just recently my son came into some honey from
> > one of his students that was from what we gather as pure. It was suppose to
> > be only heated slightly to help removing the honey. Took two pieces of wheat
> > toast and loaded the both with all the honey they would hold. I did this four
> > differdays with out any effect at all. Went to the store and bought some pure
> > honey that was unfilterd or heated, the results were the same as before. I'm
> > just getting into this so it will take me a little time to do some
> > experimenting with the to get some measured material. Forgot to mention very
> > rapid pulse when I eat an excessive amount of sugar. Doesn't happen with this
> > particular type of honey as far as I can see. If you are interested I will
> > keep you informed on the testing and explaine the operation proceedure. If
> > anyone doesn't think this is important just ask my family, it's a real pain
> > Thanks for your info on the subject, it was very helpful
> i would like to know more about this..
> linda peabody..
---
Garth Cambray       Kamdini Apiaries
15 Park Road        Apis melifera capensis
Grahamstown         800mm annual precipitation
6139
Eastern Cape
South Africa               Phone 27-0461-311663

3rd year Biochemistry/Microbiology    Rhodes University
In general, generalisations are bad.
Interests: Flii's and Bees.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post in no way
reflect those of Rhodes University.