From:
Steven Albritton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 15:23:51 -0500
My neighbor told me his method last week for taking them out from under Deer
Stands.  Seems they would slip up on them at night and wrap a 55 gal.
plastic garbage bag aroung the hive, breaking the nest off and dropping it
in the bag.  Once the nest was in the bag, they would carry it home and drop
it in the Freezer.  After the hornets were frozen, he would dump them out
and use the nest as wall decorations for his Deer Camp.  Good Luck.

At 03:32 PM 9/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Today I talked to a lady who has a beautiful hornet's nest in a bush in her
>yard.  I told her I'd get rid of it for her.  Can anyone tell me how I can
>get rid of the hornets without destroying the nest?  Also -- what's a good
>way to preserve the nest so I can keep it?
>
>Eugene Makovec
> Kirkwood, MO

Steven Albritton
LDS Communications, Sports America, Chauvin Honey Farms
Monroe, Louisiana