HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Donna Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 09:46:57 -0400
I have a fragmented kaolin pipe bowl which I am having difficulty
identifying.  It has a short flattened spur, the bowl/stem angle is almost
90 degrees.  The markings on the bowl are: an eagle with a shield on both
sides of the bowl, some stars near the top of the bowl as well as some
around the bottom, what seems like leaves up the outer seam, and no
rouletting around the rim.  Any identification clues would be very much
appreciated.  It was recovered on an island in CT.  Thanx for the help!