HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"David S. Rotenstein" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:26:45 -0500
Dear ACRA-L readers and ACRA members:

Yesterday, Patrick O'Bannon replied to a complaint that I filed with the
ACRA Board of Directors regarding a violation of the organization's code of
ethics. As Mr. O'Bannon's post (reprinted below) suggests, ACRA's code of
ethics are for show only, i.e., they make the organization look like the
big boys in SOPA, et al. After I read Mr. O'Bannon's (and ACRA's response)
to my charge of a violation of the group's code of ethics by a principal in
an ACRA member firm, I forwarded it to a colleague in the history
department at Carnegie Mellon University who wrote, "Why even have a code
of ethics?"

I replied to Mr. O'Bannon's note with the following. Rather than
automatically hitting the delete key, give it and Mr. O'Bannon's note a
good read. Then look in a mirror.