HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Silas D. Hurry" <silas&[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 1990 08:06:52 -0500
Concerning the lead from the graveyard, did it appear to be fragments of
sheet lead?  If the are "chunks", and the building was nearby, you may
actually be seeing bits of flashing.  If the cemetary is active, I assume
it is not a plowed side.  We excavated three lead coffins in St. Mary's
City back a few years ago, so it may be worth contacting us directly.

Silas D. Hurry
Historic St. Mary's City