From:
Greg Hankins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:47:43 -0400
>What does "B-T" cotton mean?  I think I know that GA means Georgia.

I'm willing to bet that this is a genetically-altered cotton that generates
Bacillus Thurigenesis (or something like that) on its own. BT is a
caterpillar killer used to combat tomato worms, cabbage worms, and such,
even by folk who garden organically. Boll weevils probably fall into the
group of critters that don't do well in the presence of BT.

WARNING: All of that's just conjecture on my part.

Greg

Greg Hankins                    Montgomery Packaging
[log in to unmask]                 Troy, North Carolina
Voice: (910)576-0067            Fax: (910)576-0367