From:
Ken Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 21:26:23 -0500
Hello Folks:
        This is Ken Lawrence on this side of the Computer about 25 miles North
of Kansas City Mo.
        I am having to have surgery on my back and a tad on the PUNY side.  I
have a friend (Barry Birkey) (http://www.birkey.com) who lives in West
Chicago Il. that drove down (about 510 miles oneway) last weekend with
his daughter and helped another friend take off my last supers
Saturday.   I have 32 hives.  He helped remove 73 supers. He then worked
all day Sunday uncapping.  When he got done I had about 4000 lbs total
of honey from my hives.  This was the second takeoff for my bees this
year.  Average of 125 per hive.  I sure do THANK him.  I have met some
very nice people since I have been keeping bees (1971). He also stopped
by Dadants in Hamilton Il. and picked up some supplies for my friend who
runs a bee supply on the side.
THERE ARE STILL SOME GREAT PEOPLE LEFT IN THE WORLD.  Thanks again
Barry.
        Before I close I have a 150 gallon Galv. tank with gate valve and honey
funnel that anybody who wants it can come and get it.  I have gone all
Stainless steel.  It needs to be coated inside again and I think I still
have a quart.  I think it measures 38 inches across and 34 inches deep.
        Hope everybody else has had a Great Honey Year.  Maybe we will be
hearing how different parts of the World came out on their Honey crops.
                                                Ken Lawrence