From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:24:06 +0000
Felix Shuey wrote:
> I have observed honeybees working ragweed many times here in Pa. The pollen is a light yellow.

Likewise here in Michigan.  It's fun to watch them get this pollen,
for they run as rapidly as they can up and down the pollen spike of
the ragweed plant.  When they fall off, as often happens, one can
watch them hovering in front of the spike, combing themselves and
packing their pollen baskets.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA