Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 11:59:53 -0500
7BIT
From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
On  5 Sep 97 at 15:08, Michael Reddell wrote:

> I'm in the market for about 20 fall queens and want to find a high
> quality source.  I'm looking for strong, well-bred Italians that are
> positively selected for housekeeping and gentleness traits.  That
> means the breeder has a system in place to select for these traits
> in his or her breeding stock.  It also means that the breeding

> guess I'm also interested in reports on how a particular breeder
> backs up his product.

It used to be that people were told 'go West, young man' now the
expression is 'go North'. Try one on the Ontario breeders, not
necessarily us. There is no possibility of African genes getting into
our stock, leading to less agression.  As far as I know we have the
only official T-mite resistance testing program around, plus an
organisation dedicated to improving bee stock on a province (State)
wide basis.

The Bee Works,9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia,Ontario. L3V 6H1.
Phone 705-326-7171