From:
Michael Reddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:54:12 -0700
This week I recieved a complaint from a Bee-L subscriber who finds that each note I send to the list has a binary attachment that causes problems for his e-mail and/or antivirus software (I'm not exactly sure what the symptoms are).  He says the problem is serious enough to make him delete my notes without reading them except that the antivirus routine reacts to the binary and forces him to deal with each one individually.

He uses Pegasus in Windows 3.1, and I use Microsoft Exchange in Windows 95.

Is any one else having a similar problem?
Is any one else using Pegasus or MS Exchange without such problems?
Has anyone solved this sort of problem?

If so you can send your response directly to me since this isn't really a topic that should live in perpetuity on the bee list.
Michael