From:
Rory Stenerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:14:47 -0400
On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:37:24 PDT
Gary Helriegel asks

"Is there a beekeeper in the Littleton, CO area that will be able to
take on a 12-year old "apprentice"? i.e. to watch, help with tending
hives, etc."

I would recommend that you try contacting your local beekeeper association.
 I too am a brand new beekeeper and the advice and help I've receive from
my association has been very, very, very worthwhile.  I found several
mentors via my association and they really helped me avoid making a lot of
mistakes if I were to have gone at it alone.

You might want to contact:
Northern Colorado Beekeepers
W.B. Belden, Jr.
5922 Venus Ave.
Fort Collins, CO 80525

They may be able to help you locate some equipment for you as well.

Rory Stenerson,
Member, Centre County Beekeepers Association,
V.P., State College Underground Maltsters
State College, PA 16803
E-mail: [log in to unmask]