HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Rotenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:37:50 -0400
Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps available soon online. The following is forwarded from the ARCHIVES list:

Date:         Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:50:00 -0400
Sender:       Archives & Archivists <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Marla Krauss <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Fire Insurance Maps
To:           [log in to unmask]

Those of you interested in fire insurance maps would be pleased to know that over
one million Sanborn Fire Insurance Map images will be online as part of a
National Digital Library project. The project is sponsored by my company, e data
resources, inc. The maps will be included on the American Memory website.
http://memory.loc.gov   I can't give a definite date as to when the first maps
will be available. Maybe the spring? Feel free to contact me with questions. The
press release is at:  http://www.loc.gov/today/pr/1997/97-204 (It's #97-204 released
in 1997 in case
the link doesn't work.)

Marla Krauss