HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Judith Winters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judith Winters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:30:50 +0100
Histarch list members may be interested to read the following article just
published this week in Internet Archaeology 6.

   'Data, Digital Ephemera, and Dead Media: Digital Publishing and
    Archaeological Practice'
    by Mark Aldenderfer, Department of Anthropology, UC Santa Barbara

    http://intarch.ac.uk/journal/issue6/aldenderfer_index.html

This article examines the nature of scholarly publishing in archaeology,
and drawing on many of the other articles published in the same issue,
argues for an explicitly digital future where we should look to the web as
the 'place' for archiving and storing our primary data.

Your comments on this thought-provoking article are welcome.

Please note that you will need to register as a user to access the full
text of articles in the journal, but registration and access are *free*.
Details at: http://intarch.ac.uk/cgi-bin/register.cgi

Regards,
Judith
Judith Winters