HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
SouthArc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:58:51 -0500
I just wanted to say that I thought the Atlanta meetings were very well run
and organized and my congratulations to TRC-Garrow and New South for such a
good job.

I also wanted to comment on one session.  Archaeologists as Storytellers II:
The Sequel was undoubtedly the best session I have ever been to.  What a
delightful and imaginative way of getting the story out to the public (and
to other archaeologists)!!  And the performers were all extremely talented
and entertaining.  I was particularly impressed by Robin Ryder and the
gentleman who played Jefferson--Bill Barker.  Is he a professional performer
for Colonial Williamsburg or a multi-talented archaeologist who needs to
find an agent for an alternative career path?  His ability to interact with
the audience and ad lib was terrific and he really looks the part--he could
be a Jefferson descendant (oops--is he?).

Will there be a Storytellers III?

                                                Lucy Wayne