HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lester Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 11:18:49 -0700
I am posting this request on behalf of James Shieve:

From: Shive, James J" <[log in to unmask]>

I have the honor of serving as President of the Montana Archaeological
Society (MAS).  In this capacity, I have been contacted by a party here
that is seeking professional peer reviews of several investigative
studies and National Register Of Historic Places evaluations for 19th
century, hardrock mining properties here in Montana.  The sponsor is
prepared to pay for these reviews, and the arrangements for them would
be handled through my office in the MAS.

Can your organization provide me with the names, addresses, phone
numbers and/or e-mail addresses of qualified professionals who may be
willing to perform these reviews?  If not, can you suggest other sources
for finding such reviewers?  I will appreciate a response in either
case.

Sincerely,
James J. Shive, President
Montana Archaeological Society

I put him in touch with the Mining History Association, and have
forwarded his request to associates of the Association of Historical
Archaeologists of the Pacific Northwest (AHAPN).  If you wish to
respond, please email a message to James at his email address above.
LAR