HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
assemblage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 17:05:25 +0100
(Apologies for multiple postings)

assemblage
[n. 1 the act or an instance of bringing or coming together. 2 a
collection of things or gathering of people. 3 a the act or an
instance of fitting together. b an object made of pieces fitted
together. 4 a work of art made by grouping found or unrelated objects.
5 The Sheffield Graduate Journal of Archaeology]

Hey. You. Yes, you.

Call for Papers -- It’s Not Too Late!

assemblage is looking for material for its third issue, due out in
December 1997.
As a highly varied electronic  publication, we’re keen to have papers
on original archaeological ideas and research, short notes from the
field, interviews, artwork, opinion essays, humour, reviews of books,
games, museums, CD-ROMs, and just about anything else you can think of.

So if you have a conference paper, thesis chapter, cool photograph,
cartoons, a great essay... SUBMIT IT!

Want to know more about the sorts of things we’re looking for, and how
to go about it all?  Check out our Web site at
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~assem/    and read through our Mission
Statement / Call for Papers, and our Submissions Manifesto.

Deadline for material requiring peer review (formal scholarly
articles): September 30, 1997.  Deadline for all other
material: October 31, 1997.  Please contact the editors with a proposal
or abstract as soon as possible.
assemblage is based at
The Research School of Archaeology and Archaeological Science, University
of Sheffield, 2 Mappin St., Sheffield, England, S1 4DT.
 email: [log in to unmask]
 tel: (0114) 2825109/2   WWW:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/uni/union/susoc/assem/