From:
"Paul Cronshaw, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 22:00:14 -0700
Richard,

Problem with an entrance above the queen excluder is that bees will bring
in pollen and store it in combs meant for honey only.  How will they carry
this pollen down thru the excluder to feed the brood?

I also find that wax moths will attack a frame with pollen in it but not a
honey frame.

Pollen in the honey supers may be OK if you want to have lots of pollen
particles in your extracted honey to help desensitize people in your area
from allergens.  There is truth to the idea of getting honey from a local
beekeeper to fight allergies.

Paul Cronshaw DC
Santa Barbara,  CA USA