From:
Robert Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 00:20:13 -0400
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Roy Canaday wrote:

>    This is our second year of 'beekeeping'.
> 1) re spacing of frames - the supers appear to be wide enough for
>    about 10 1/2 frames; should frames be evenly spread across super, or
>    should they be adjacent to each other w/empty space at one side?
>    We spaced 'em evenly & have trouble inspecting without damaging them.

You probably have self-spacing frames...push them all together and leave
the extra space at the ends only...extra space on each side of the hive.

You have probably read what the "bee space" is... anything less or more
and the bees close the gap.

> 2) re wax moths - granted, we shouldn't have had to deal with them, but
>    would cedar top/bottom boards (frames?) reduce this nuisance?

dont worry about them...... a strong colony takes care of them...
your interest in moths will occur when you STORE combs ... no bees to
protect them.

...dont know enough to answer all your questions... being a relative
new-bee myself..
have fun
bye, rob

Robert C.L. Watson
pipe organ technician    organist - choirmaster    early woodwind player
hobby beekeeper    homebrewer   tenor