Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:51:10 EDT
> Date:    Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:31:36 +0100
> From:    Mike Rowbottom <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Hot air decapping
>
> Dear All
>
> I have recently tried de-capping comb using an electrically powered,
> hand held, hot air blower originally designed for paint stripping....

My only concern here would be one of possible contamination.  I'm not
claiming any expertise on hot air blowers here, but I was immediately
reminded of a product scare and subsequent recall on hair blow dryers
which had an asbestos shield to heep the heat from building up into the
handle.  Asbestos particles escaped the shield and got blown into the
user's hair.  I'm not sure what was done to correct the asbestos shield
problem and I don't know if paint stripper blowers have or had a similar
design/problem or not, but I'd make sure to find out if I was planning
on using a paint stripper as an uncapping tool.  The propane torch as an
uncapping tool certainly removes this concern, but for the time being
I'll stick to my uncapping plane.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!