From:
Rick Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 07:48:26 +0000
Thanks to all that responded to my inquiry.  While the string method sounded
appealing, I had no string so went with the rubber bands.  I got about 5
frames of brood comb put in place - will check tomorrow (Saturday) to see
how the hive is coming along.  I don't know what amount of that brood will
make it or not.  All the honey had been eaten out, so I started feeding
sugar syrup.  When I originally collected the "swarm", a lot of the bees
stayed behind.  I went and got a lot of them two days later, believing them
to be a lot of the field bees - put them in after I put the comb in the
frames with the rubber bands.  I will report back the bees' progress after
the next inspection.

Rick Grossman
Newberg (southwest of Portland), Oregon