From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:40:53 -0600

>        This "old timers" style of referring to women helpers may improve your
>self esteem, but does little to raise you in anyone else's eyes!  Try
>assessing the day without reference to  the gender of the workers, please!

Geez you are sensitive.  If you re-read the message you will note that I was
most complimentary about these two.  And they really are terrific.  I left
their gender to the end because it does not really have anything to do with
the story.  The observation was simply an attempt at humour and I suspect
that most people will see it as just that.  The two women do.

As to my self esteem.  Just check around and see how many women are employed
in the field.  In my operation the only difference between one worker and
the other is their skills and perhaps their physical strength.  I don't
expect a 110 pound person (any sex) to handle the weight that a 200 pounder
might handle.  Our women work the bees and throw the boxes around as well as
the men.  The men clean the washroom and scrub the sink as well as the
women. ...and this is as it should be.

Both of these women are in the petite category and do a great job of
anything they take on.  Else I never would have sent them off to handle some
chores in the yards.

Eric

Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada T0A 1N0