Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Conrad Sigona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 15:07:43 -0500
I expect to feed my bees sucrose this fall and have been been looking
around for cheap sugar. I will need about 500 lbs dry weight.  Better
Bee (near Albany NY) offers bulk sugar for around $0.25 but they are
out of it. Restaurant suppliers actually charge more than supermarkets!
So far, the best I can do is US$0.28 per lb at a chain called Aldi.

About 25 years ago, there was a sugar shortage in the USA that made
it clear that the price of cane sugar in the US was significantly
higher than that of the rest of the world. I remember that the price
had reached $0.40 per lb. in the US but that Mexican supermarkets had
offered it for only $0.08. Right now, US sugar at the commodity market
(112,000 lbs) sells for about $0.225 per lb while world sugar sells
for about $0.11.

I live within a 2 hour drive of the border. Would one of our Canadian
BEE-l subscribers let me know what sugar costs in Canada? It might be
well worth my trip.

Conrad Sigona
Newport, New York  (smack in the middle of the state)