From:
Richard Drutchas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:02:22 +0000
Can anyone explain to me why honey prices are supposedly dropping. I
have been told that Argentina had a good crop and the Germans didnt buy
it so they dropped the price to around .70. Come on guys we got the
price where it should be lets keep it up around a dollar a pound in the
barrel. The market didnt fold at that price we know now what the market
will bear so why back it down. The retail prices are not going to go
down so if you sell cheap its the middle men that make out not the ones
who are actually doing the work. Its an age old story isnt it, we hold
our hats in our hand and get told the price according to supply and
demand. Its hard for me to understand why Dutch Gold and all the big
packers cant keep the price up to where it should be. They must realize
we are thier bread and honey.