From:
Richard Drutchas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 06:35:45 +0000
Ive put out boxes and boxes of new perco plastic frames this spring and
as could be expected some of the hives started building comb 90 degrees
more or less to the comb I gave them. Lindauer found that bees orientate
the comb using the earth's magnetic field. He also found that if the
colony is moved it will make comb in the same direction it was going
at its original stand. Now my question is could I move the the
nonconformist hives around to make it easier to draw wax up my perco
frames