From:
Ted Wout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 18:19:13 -0400
>>To that 11 year old young man, you said that he should use a queen
>>excluder.  I was told by the store where I spent $600 for my two
>>unassembled hives, that a queen excluder will stop the other bees
>from
>>doing much up there.  The lady at the shop said it really is a bee
>>excluder.

I hope there's a typo here.  I think $300 for one unassembled hive is a bit
much.  If you're paying more than $75 for an unassembled hive, send me a
direct mail and I'll give you the 800 numbers for suppliers who will not
rip you off.

Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow form a relationship with a bee
house to give members of the list a special discount?  Like since there are
over 500 members on the list, wouldn't it be great to get that many
customers if you were in that business?  Wouldn't it be great to be a
member of the list and enjoy some savings.  I'm sure that we represent a
sizable purchase of bee equipment each year.  Wouldn't it be great to flex
our economic muscles and take advantage of that?

I'm not sure that I haven't violated some facet of netiquete(sp?) here.  I
certainly don't want to offend anyone.  I know that the subject of money on
the net causes some people to get real defensive.  I just see this as a
win/win situation if we could pull it off.  Also, I don't have any interest
in any bee supply businesses.  I just like saving a buck like most folks

Ted Wout
Red Oak, TX.