Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paul Cronshaw, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 22:15:17 -0700
Ian,

I sometimes use a small swarm to make a bait hive for bee removal from
stuctures.   You want to use the least number of frames because there will
be a large number of new incoming members.

Recently I took a hive out of an oak tree.  I used a nuc with 2 brood
frames and a queen in a 9 5/8 hive body with plastic foundation.  In 2
weeks, there was wall to wall bees.  It is interesting but these field bees
become a little lost and tend to hang out in the hive.  Obviously there is
some unbalance in the social hierarchy of the hive during this transition.
So to get these bees working to draw out the plastic foundation, I put in a
feeder frame with 1 part sugar and 2 parts water.

GOod Luck.

Paul Cronshaw DC
Santa Barbara CA USA

******