From:
Conrad Sigona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 1997 13:48:06 -0500
>      It seems that I may have caused undue grieve to some of  Bee-L
> recipients by the size of my latest submission to the list.  My most
> sincere apologies.  I had no idea that my post could/would cause
> unwanted effects to recipients.
> I am being asked to stop submitting files of this size (or is it of any
> size?) to Bee-L in order to keep me from "blocking" mail receiving
> capabilities by the list recipients.

Dear Dr. Rodriguez:

It is probably best to refrain from posting files to BEE-L and
instead simply inform the readers that the files are available and
can be obtained from you via private email. Further, you might wish
to consider providing the files in a universal format (for example,
plain ASCII text, like this email) rather than in a proprietary
format. One of your files appears to be a Microsoft Word document.
This is fine for lots of folks but not so hot for people that don't
have Word. On the other hand, you are the author and are certainly
free to distribute the file in whatever format you choose.

> Sorry about the inconvenience! I did not know it would happen.  I was
> only trying to pass on what I thought would be good news to beekeepers.
> For those of you who are "dumping" the file back on my system to
> demonstrate my lack of expertise, I have a question:
> Do you think this is just compensation for my generosity and hard work?

Please don't take it personally. With email, it's common for people
to return what they consider junk mail. It's here that you need to
take an objective look. One man's hard work is another's junk. Just
because someone should be interested does not mean that they are.
For example, if I came up with a volume of information on the Ford
Taurus and, in my innocence, presumed that everyone who owns a Taurus
would be interested, should I (cost of printing and mailing aside)
distribute a copy to every Taurus owner and expect to be thanked?
Some will thank me; some won't. Some will read it; some will throw it
in the garbage; some will refuse delivery, in effect, sending it back.
One thing you must admit: after receiving a hundred bounced messages,
it's unlikely that you would make the same mistake again!

By the way, I would appreciate a non-Word copy by private email.

Conrad Sigona