From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:03:17 -0600
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:57:06 -0400, Greg Hankins wrote:

>Ted Wout Wrote:
>
>>I have not seen a benefit to spacing 9 frames in a
>>brood chamber.  I have seen an advantage to spacing 9 frames in honey
>>supers.  It discourages the queen from moving up and the bees will cap off
>>the honey very high so that uncapping is a breeze.

 If the super is foundation then i would put in ten frames in the super, then when the
bees start drawing the foundation insert the excluder to keep the queen out.

 Nine frames will not keep the queen out if there is no place for her to lay, also make
shure the queen is not in the super when you insert the queen excluder.

Charles Harper
Harper's Honey farm
1000 + Colonies