From:
"Palm, Kevin R. (LLP)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:00:00 -0500
Hi, all!!

        One famous person who used to keep bees is Terry Pratchett, a British
fantasy writer and author of the Discworld novels.  I was reading one of
his novels and in the "About the Author" blurb it said that he keeps
bees.  I emailed him about it because I was curious (and I actually got
a response!).  He stated that he kept about half a dozen hives but gave
it up about ten years ago after a bad season.  He thinks he may get back
into it someday, though.  If you read any of his novels, they usually
contain some beekeeping references.  It's kinda neat!!

Kevin Palm