From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:58:15 -0400
Hello all

Here's a conundrum for you.  At least it appears to be one to me....
I was looking through a colony that I got about a week or so ago as a
swarm.  So far only 4 frames have brood in them.  On one frame I saw at
least 4 Queen cells.  All but one were at or near the bottom of the frame,
and the other was half way up.  So they should be considered Swarm Cells;
but why would a very recent swarm, swarm again, especially when there is a
lot of room in the colony and 6 frames not even drawn out yet?

Any thoughts?

Ian Watson      [log in to unmask]
St. Catharines, Canada   (near Niagara Falls)
real estate agent    gardener    homebrewer    baritone
beekeeper---> 7 colonies, 3 nucs on order