HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeff Kotkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:52:44 EST
Dear Members:
Could anyone steer me in the direction to comparative literature/reports about
meeting houses dating to the late 17th/early 18th century?  During the past 2
summers, UMass Boston has conducted its field school at a site we thought was
"Magunco", a Praying Indian Town, but questions have arisen as to whether the
16x16 foot foundation we uncovered is actually evidence of a meeting house.  I
am trying to find out what meeting houses might have looked like at this time,
their dimensions, construction material, appearance, etc... especially in this
context.
I would appreciate any leads.  The Dublin Seminar book didn't seem to offer
too much of relevance in this area.
Thank you in advance.

Jeff Kotkin
UMass Boston