HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:02:51 -0400
I'm rather late in responding to this, but in case you have not seen it,
here is a publication worth consulting:

A SURVEY OF STATE STATUTES PROTECTING ARCHEOLOGICAL RESOURCES by Carol L.
Carnett, Esq., published jointly by the National Trust for Historic
Preservation and the US Department of the Interior, National Park Service,
Cultural Resources, Archeological Assistance Division.  It was published in
1995 as a Special Report, PRESERVATION LAW REPORTER and as a National Park
Service Archeological Assistance Study No. 3, Aug 1995.  The book compiles
and summarizes each state's statutes which protect archeological resources.
 If you can't find a copy, try writing to Francis P. McManamon, PhD, Chief,
Archeology and Ethnography Program, US Dept of the Interior, Nat'l Park
Service, Box 37127, Washington DC 20013-7127.

Robert Hicks