HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 16:14:33 BST
On Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:55:53 -0400 Larry Mckee wrote:

>      ****A Cross-roads for People and Ideas
>      ****- Presenting and Interpreting a city in the Museum and Beyond
>
>      ****ICMAH Annual Meeting
>      ****Thessaloniki, Greece, 16 - 21 September 1997
>
>      ****The Annual Meeting of the International Committee of Museums and
>      ****Collections of Archaeology and History* will take place in
> Thessaloniki,
>      ****Cultural Capital of Europe for 1997
>
> YEAH,  I'm there.  Anybody want to share the driving?
>                  Best
>                     Larry

If you are to drive, I believe that an occasional ferry does leave these days
between Alaska and Kamchatka (Unfortunately, you've probably left it too
late to drive over the Polar ice cap before this September) I don't know what
service facilities are like in Siberia, though.  I'm sure the East Coast
to Alaska leg would be considerably easier.  Once you reach Western Russia,
the Moscow to Thessaloniki drive would be a snip!

Or have you considered swimming?  I hear the North Atlantic's lovely this
time of year.....

Helpfully yours,

Alasdair Brooks