HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jed Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:36:54 -0500
The National Park Service uses Lotus ccMail as its internal electronic mail
system. This system has a gateway to the 'outside world'. Addresses to NPS
folks are constructed in the following form: [log in to unmask]
Yes, that is an underscore and not a dash between the first and last name.
My NPS address is [log in to unmask] An address of this form should work.
That having been said, it is worth noting that the NPS gateway is not, in my
experience, the most reliable. I know from first hand experience that the
systems was rather flaky last week. Some of my messages were delayed due to
a mail system problem. I would suggest that you try the address again…and hope.

                                Jed Levin