HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 17:24:53 -0500
From:
"Valerie L. Kelley-Gosser" <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
Date sent:  20-FEB-1997 17:20:00
>I have been trying (and failing) to send a message to John Peterson at
>figure out why the messages were bouncing back.  His email address
>includes an underline symbol that separates his first and last name
>and that seems to be the source of the problem.  Has anyone else had this

hello...i'm not exactly sure, but is the underline symbol an actual
underline (_) or is it just a dash (-)? i have seen both in different email
address..and if you're trying _ you might try - instead..or, instead of
sending him back mail, trying *replying* to the letter he sent you by
typing reply at your email prompt.  that will automatically insert the
address the computer has for his address into the 'send' spot.
i hope i'm not making you feel inadequate - i'm not sure how much experience
you have with email address..they can be quite tricky at times.  i hope
this helps.

as for the cock fighting part of your email, i'm not a professional
archaeologist (i'm just a first year student who's very interested in
archaeology and anthropology) so i'm sorry to say, i cant help you..but i
can check with my 90 year old great-grandmother who lives in somerset
kentucky.  i'll ask her if she can recall any such events.
        _____
      /  ___  \
    /  /  _  \  \
  /( /( /(_)\ )\ )\                     Valerie Kelley-Gosser
 (    \ _____ /    )                    telnet slack.net 2060
         |#|
         |#|
         |#|