HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"L. D Mouer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 09:09:58 EST
Lauren,

I made fairly extensive use of paintings and photographs, from 1796
to ca. 1910, in interpreting my excavation at the port of Rocketts.
I gave an SHA paper called "telling Stories About Rocketts" several
years ago that presented my "readings" of some of the visual material
against the art. A version of this is a chapter in my forthcoming
tome for Plenum. If you like, I can send you a copy of this chapter
and/or the technical report onn Rocketts (which is three brick-thick
volumes), or at least som excerpts from my presentation of the visual
materials. Let me know. Glad you made it home.

Dan Mouer