From:
"Paul Cronshaw, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 00:05:54 -0700
Jim,

This is exactly what I did today when I took down a 4 comb hive hanging
freely in a tree.

Here is the method you can use:

1.Make up empty frames each with 3 rubber bands stretched around the ends.

2. Place the frame up next to the comb to measure the dimensions.

3. Cut the comb with a charp knife.

4. Drop the comb into the frame and secure with the rubber bands.

5. Place it into a hive and repeat this process until all combs are placed
in the hive.

There will always be some comb with honey and brood left over.  You can
give the brood comb to the chickens or put it into a solar wax melter to
extract the wax.

Hope this helps.

Paul Cronshaw DC
Cyberchiro and Hobby Beekeeper