From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:06:38 -0800
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, David Eyre wrote:

> On 17 Jan 97 at 21:46, BRIAN HENSEL wrote: Re: Thanks-Nosem
> Whoa, back up a bit! While I agree with all you have done, I must correct
> one small point. There are NO Varroa resistant bees. I know there are bee
> breeders who are claiming resistance to both mites, but it's all hype.
> There is resistance to T-mites, and not all are 'Buckfast', in fact we
> have a number of bee breeders in Ontario who have resistance but no 'Buckfast' bees
> in their yards.
>         So when you see "resistant to both mites' get out the salt pot, and take
> it with a grain of salt!!

 Hi David, I disagree with the lact of Varroa resistant bees. Alois
Wallner in Austria has bees that do groom out Varroa and bit there legs
off. There have been bred for 20 generations now and still going strong.
You  might write Susan Colbey , for she has seen the bees first hand.Think
also of the places in the world that can use no chemicals at all.They may
use other means to hold down varroa , but they are working towards
resistant stock.
 Best Regards
 Roy