From:
Bently Durant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 22:47:02 -0600
----------
> From: aarcher <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Nectar and Pollen Plants NM.
> Date: Monday, February 03, 1997 11:07 AM
>
> Could someone on the list point me in the direction of information re:
> nectar and pollen producing plants in SW New Mexico.  (Silver City area).
> Extension agents (and others in the know supposedly) keep telling me
> mesquite (for nectar), but I'm at 5,400 ft and I haven't seen a mesquite
> within 20 miles of my cabin..  I am on the Gila River in the Gila National
> Forest north of Silver City.. What about approx. dates of any major/minor
> honeyflows from this region?...Thanks in advance...New to list and to
> beekeeping.....

I need to know about mesquite too. I have my have situated right accross from a field that is being taken over by the misquite.
anyone have some exact dates for mesquite honeyflows around dallas texas???

The only thing I can think of is the trees in the forest. There is bound to be some evergreens. I think cedar ( I need to know
about evergreens too )a honey flow ( probly real late in the year ).
All trees must have a way to cross polinate so just use your knowlage of trees and figure out how it polinates itself. Also keep a
watchful eye for almonds ( if they grow there )