HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 17:50:52 EDT
Dear Histarchers
Well among other things I have learned there is more than one Grand Portage
-it was the NPS monument site I was primarily interested in. I am educating
myself for purely intellectual reasons on fur trade archaeology and it seemed
a gap. Oh dear the floorboards just collapsed under the weight of secondhand
US arcaheology/history books I have bought on the internet. Thank god the
intenet is still in its infancy on the other side of the Channel and I can't
buy all those out of print books on french ceramics I lust after. Fortunately
my wife who gave me an ultimatum on my honey moon between herself and the
enormous Jacob de Gheyn military manual I purchased in North holland (with no
car) relented and let me buy it after all. No need to send further responses -
I will contact some of those I have had already. Sorry for being so chatty but
after a winter of viruses, flu etc I and a holiday in Normandy to look forward
to actually feel better- it may the sunshine. Thanks as always and I hope I
can continue to help with queries on Britain and adjacent parts of Europe.
paul courtney, leicester, UK