From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 08:30:53 EST
> From:    Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Plastic Foundation
>
> In respect to plastic foundation....If I recall correctly, in  prior
> discussions on BEE-L about plastic foundation, I believe that someone
> said that bees will not rebuild foundation on plastic that has been
> scrapped "clean"!
>
> Anyone recall that statement?

The statement was that bees will not rebuild comb over the plastic
reinforcement sheet used in Duraguilt once it has been scraped clean.
I can attest to this and it's the main reason why I avoid using it.
It was also stated that bees WILL redraw comb that has been scraped
off Permadent and Pierco frames because the hex pattern is still left
in the plastic after the comb is scraped off.  Mason's request was
for personal testimony to verify this claim.  I have no personal
experience with Permadent or Pierco, but am planning to give Permadent
a try this season.

> From:    "(Thomas) (Cornick)" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Folks, bees will draw comb on a billiard ball if the honeyflow is strong
> enough.

Can't verify this claim as my bees prefer snooker!

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!