Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 07:34:10 -0600
7BIT
From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
>     Hi Allen
>     I understand that you have one of these devices.
>     If you have the time would you send me the address of where they are
>     available and the cost. Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

I am sure there are many who are curious, so I have placed the literature
for this device on a web page
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/Formic

I assume this is okay with the manfacturers, since their reps handed me
both the literature and the device (as a sample) at the Virginia ABF
meeting and asked me to try it and tell my friends.

I place it there FYI.  As many may know, I have some reservations about
the use of slow release formic and also the cost effectiveness of this
paricular method, so this is neither a recommendation nor the reverse.

'Information wants to be free.'

I will also place a scan of an article re: Medhat Nassr's method using
Homesote board there when I have the time.

In the same vein, I have noticed that the Popodi device -- which received
some discussion on this forum, has undergone some independant tests, and
although it has not matched its maker's extravagant claims, it has
nontheless performed respectably compared to similar devices -- as far as
I can tell.

Not a recommendation.  YMMV.

Allen