Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"P. Aras et M. Boily" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:22:54 -0500
Hi Ed,

I have never seen bees feeding at hummingbird feedesr. Wasps and ants
yes, but wild and honey bees, no. If there are bees in or around your
orchard in suffisant quantities, the flowers of the blooming trees
will be all the attractant you need to attract pollinators. I dont
know what kind of operation you are running but commercial orchard,
with all their chemical paraphernalia, are the most desolate places I
have seen in terms of indigenous pollinating insects. So if you think
that there are not enough bees to pollinate your trees, you must
introduce honeybees during the flowering period.
Furthermore, you don't want to attract bees in your orchard when the
trees are not in bloom as the pesticides treatment will kill them or
at least, in the case of less harmfull substances, seriously affect
them. If you're going bio, well it's a different story and pollinators
management will only be one of the aspects of insect management you
will have to intergrate.
Sorry but I dont know what to tell you about your other two questions,
I dont quite understand them.

Bee happy.
Phillipe Aras
Carillon,Qc. Can.