From:
"John R. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 20:55:57 -0400
>Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 00:25:17
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "John R. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: Feeding
>
>Chris,
>
>Did you install your package bees on new foundation?  If so, you should
probably feed your bees sugar water until they have drawn out all ten frames
of foundation.  It also helps if you move the center frames to the outside
as they draw them out.  The bees tend to draw out the center frames first
and then the outside frames more slowly.  If there is a necter flow going on
in your area the bees may ignore the sugar water so don't be alarmed.  As
for fire ants, you should probably contact your local county extension agent
to find out the lastest info on that subject.  Don't forget to treat for the
Varrora Mite!