HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 08:11:30 -0700
You asked about historical archaeology as a part of history courses:  In
our public history courses that address issues of CRM and historic
preservation, we use everything we can get our hands on -- NPS
publications, journal articles, readings, etc. to help students
understand something about historical archaeology.  Unfortunately, we
have never come up with a feasible way to give them field experience
because the university bureaucracy is almost impossible to cut through
and the subject appears not to be high priority in our anthro department.

Jannelle Warren-Findley
Co-Director, Graduate Program in public History
Arizona State University