From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:40:38 -0700
> I believe that 'honey beer', made by the rapid fermentation of honey
> with other ingredients is very popular in parts of Africa. Perhaps
> the dark honey would make it similar to Guinness!

I should mention to the potential brewers out there that are
intimidated by unusual honies that I have sucessfully used strong
dark (almost black) buckwheat mead that is enjoyed by some who do not
like buckwheat honey itself.  The flowers are present to an extent
that they are not in the honey, and there is a certain quality that
ressembles stout to some.

While melter honey and other refuse is not good for brewing, some
specialty honies work very well.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>