From:
Dave Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:39:20 +0000
Beelisters

Help, Help. There is a another gap in my knowledge! I had thought that
Bacillus larvae was a bacterium that *grew*. No sexual reproduction. If
that were the case just how is genetic variation introduced, for without
such variation (or only mutation) the selective process would not
operate (much). With not much selection pressure the development of
resistant forms takes eons. Where have I gone wrong ?
--
Dave Black
Blacks Bee Gardens,