From:
John Iannuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 12:58:01 -0500
Subject: BVT & MS--Bee Venom Therapy & Muscular Sclerosis

FOR BEEGINNERS ONLY                       <b-list1>

Point One: The toxin of the honeybee (as the result of a
bee sting) usually produces a local reaction--swelling,
itching, etc.--in the normal individual.  It's the SECOND
sting that sometimes proves fatal (one in 15 million?), as
a person breaks out with welts all over, has difficulty
breathing, etc. and must bee rushed to the hospital unless a
bee-sting kit is on hand (by prescription only).

That toxin is also used for the treatment of arthritis,
rheumatoid, but not osteo. Did you know that an octogenarian,
by the name of Charles Mraz in Middlebury Vermont has been
treating people with BVT for a r t h r i t i s  for more than
half a century? (No, he's not a medical doctor, nor does he
charge for his services.)

One year when I was visiting my daughter in Vermont, I popped
in on him: he was treating somebody from Illinois--or was the
man just a visitor learning the techniques? (I've forgotten.)

Point Two. If I were asked for popular literature on the
natural treatment of arthritis (via BVT) and muscular
sclerosis (via BVT), I would suggest two quality softbacks:
Mr. Mraz's <Health & the Honeybee> (Queen City Publications,
Burlington, VT, 1995, 92 pages, $12.95) and M.S.-sufferer Pat
Wagner's <How Well Are You Willing to Bee?> (self-published,
1994, spiral-bound, 70 pages, price forgotten, available from
author at 5431 Lucy Dr Waldorf MD 20601).

Comment: do the treatments work?  I have had NO personal
experience. They help some people, I understand, and some
people they don't.

###john iannuzzi phd
   ###beekeeper 37 years
      ###14 colonies w/ paisano honeybees
         ###historic ellicott city md usa (10 mi W balto)
            ###guardian of "singing masons building roofs of gold"
               ###URL -  http://www.xmetric.com/honey
                  ###email: [log in to unmask] [3fe972200]