From:
Peter Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:20:30 -0800
Glyn Davies wrote:

> has anyone devised a quick system of record keeping ....?
> Glyn Davies,  Ashburton, Devon UKThe Australasian Beekeeper for February 1996 p.336 adapted an article on
record keeping from The Scottish Beekeeper, vol.72 no.10, author unknown.
Article proposes a spreadsheet, column titles and a method of shorthand
to capture details. Details from the spreadsheet should then be entered
into a PC for sorting and analysis. I’m going to have a go with Microsoft
Excel and try it out on my hives then use Excels’s sorting capability
once details are entered. Happy to share my experiences as it progresses.
I suspect a refinement of this method using the data base tool Microsoft
Access would be the Rolls Royce method. I can scan and send the article
to those interested. Copyright should not be an issue. Peter Barrett,
Blue Mountains, 50 miles west of Sydney, Australia.