From:
Richard E Leber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 14:48:53 EDT
Hi ya'll,

Chris M asks:

>Now for the question:  does anyone know where I can get a custom patch
>made?  I want MY company on the suit, not Mann Lake.  Where can I get
>patch designed and sewn?

We have found two solutions here in Mobile.  For a small quantity of high
quality 'up scale' work check on local embroidery shops.  Our local
association designed art work for club shirts and jackets and found a
local outfit to do the work.  Ask for recommendations from trophy shops,
school athletic departments and sporting good suppliers.  The second
choice, low cost - high volume, look for the screen printers around town.
 Once the "screens" are produced unlimited mass printings are cheap!
This works great for festivals, fairs and state conventions.  With a
little planning allowances can be made for changes in dates (ie. spring
'97, convention 1997, fall festival) requiring only one new screen for
repeat design use.  BIG cost savings for a fund raiser.

For your business and only a few items I would approach the piece rate
work of the embroidery shop.  Cost will vary with size, number of colors
and design.  Most shops, even the cottage industry, now work with
computer driven machines with scanners so take along any design your
heart desires or choose from what they have available.

Rick Leber, Beekeeping since 1987
Mobile, Alabama